[Ansteorra] Bjornsborg Academy of Defense thanks

hsetrinity at aol.com hsetrinity at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 17:57:12 PST 2010

Philippe and I would like to thank everyone that travelled from throughout the Kingdom to attend the Bjornsborg Academy of Defense this past weekend.

Although we were saddened that Their Majesties were unable to join us, we feel fortunate, indeed to have been given the opportunity to host
such a unique and truly enjoyable event, filled with wonderful company, fantastic fighting, delicious food, and much laughter and fun.

We have one egregious error that needs to be addressed.
In our enthusiasm,  we overlooked an individual without whom the event could not have happened, the Dean of the Bjornsborg Acedemy, Don Pieter Rausch.
Don Pieter worked very hard and contibruted greatly to plan for and run the fighting of this event, and we neglected to formally acknowledge his contributions and
present him with his thank you gift in our court.  For this, we beg his forgiveness and hope that all of you who were lucky enough to
attend the event will help us to thank him for everything that he did to make this event what it was.

We also wanted to take a moment to formally thank everyone who volunteered their time from play in order to make this event happen, from the setup and take down crews,
waterbearers, those who sat gate, those who helped with decoration, and especially we would like to acknowledge the following gentles:

 - Our event steward, Master Ivar Runamagi, for not only organizing a wonderful event, but also for serving as our herald.
-  Lord William Harper, for coordinating setup and take down
 - The head cook, HE Anne Harper of Eland, and her outstanding crew for a fabulous luncheon.
 - The hostesses of the 4 countries, (in no particular order): Lady Emeline Neville, HL Lucia Piazetta, HL Alexandra Doyle, and HL Deborah of Durham,
who made all of the participants feel welcome and comfortable
 - The Masters of the 4 countries, (once again, in no particular order):  Don Avery Shaw, Don Corvin Fenarro, Don Iago Cabrera de Cadiz,and Dona Amelot Lizette
 - Don Pieter Rausch, for organizing gifts, running the fighting and coming up with terrific scenarios (hunkerapier, anyone?
 - Lord Robert fitzWilliam of Warminster for running gate

We would also like to thank Siegneur Etienne de Saint Amaranth for travelling so far to bring the words of Their Majesties to our Barony and for his company.

Mere words cannot express how grateful we truly are for all that you did, but know that you all have our sincere thanks.

Philippe and Suzanne
Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg

P.S. 1 point to Spain!