[Ansteorra] A few quick obvious points

Lady Eithne eithnethehealer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:14:19 PST 2010

I would have been appalled if you had tried to put a white sash on me that
said NEWCOMER.

What Master Robin said was the most correct answer, in my opinion. Be
welcoming to all, treat all as if they are important, because we all are.
House FalconRose welcomes all newcomers and answers questions and we carry
loaner garb with us or take the tunics off our backs.
I once located where my Lord Son was camping at Rose's Tournament by
noticing 3 people who were dressed in his garb.
We are willing to mentor people and let them know our traditions and what is
happening in court.

I cannot tell you the number of people who have told us they did not feel
welcome until they found us. I know there are many people that
spend much time guiding others and answering their questions.  And I think
the encouragement of the Hospitaler's or volunteers to be available
to welcome, assist & / or garb is a most helpful way to encourage someone to
come back.

In Service to the House, the Shire & the Kingdom, and to the Pursuit of True
Honor,
Lady Eithne ingen meic Cináeda
GrandeDamme FalconRose Keep at Loch Callendre,
Kingdom of Ansteorra, SCA