[Ansteorra] Newcomer Badges & Tagging

alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 23 07:48:26 PST 2010

Good Gentles:

While I appreciate your ideas regarding badges or tokens for newcomers, I am not comfortable using the Hospitaler's symbol as a badge or token for newcomers to keep.  This symbol is used by the local and regional Hospitalers currently serving the Kingdom in that role, and I think it would be as confusing to everyone as it would be for people taken care of by the Chiurgeons to be given a badge of their symbol to wear for being a "good patient".  The symbol of office is used to identify those serving that role -- not those who have benefited from it.

If another newcomer "symbol" is decided upon that does not conflict with any other group or office, I will consider the badge issue again.

YIS,

Countess Elizabeth Seale
Kingdom Hospitaler