[Ansteorra] marking anyone or anything

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 23 08:42:03 PST 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> At 07:16 PM 2/22/2010, you wrote:
>> Alex,
>> you don't need a label. Just make sure Claire is wearing hers.
>>
>> Everybody else:
>> If you're at Lysts at Castleton and you think you see Claire, but
>> without a red scarf and/or brass hat, it is NottClaire. Be nice!
>>
>> BTW, I have the flashing LEDs if somebody will make the fillet &
>> punch the holes...
>
> I've got a fair bit of scrap metal out in the garage, lots of tools
> and some experience with making fillets and coronets.

I would hardly wish to be seen giving any advice for anything as
non-period as this.

Kingdom law can be found at
<http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Jan2006_Ansteorra_Law2.pdf>
Article IX is Coronet Sumptuary Laws, pp. 36-38 in the internal
numbering AND the Adobe numbering, bless the elbow of the one who took
care of that.

     Section 8 : Fillets

     A. Any member of the populace may wear a metal fillet not to
     exceed 1/2 inch in width.

     B. Any metal-looking band across the front of the head is a
     coronet, if it exceeds the stated dimension or is decorated in any
     of the ways noted above.

The decorations are listed above in more detail.  As Tivar knows but
perhaps others don't, for a regular populace headband, no Ansteorran
mull^Wstars, queen's rose (a black rose charged with a gold rose
charged with an Ansteorran star), arms of a land.  Forbidden items
include certain items extending upwards: strawberry leaves or other
trilobes, embattled, dovetailed, "semi-circular projections",
engrailed, spherical projections ("pearls" is the technical term, even
when they're not molluscan excretions).  But I see no restrictions on
things going outwards or downwards, or on lights, he said, whistling
innocently and looking at the sky.

Dammit Delinquent
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com