[Ansteorra] GW camping in cold/hot weather tips

Sonja Crocker sonja.crocker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:31:40 PST 2010

This is what Loch Ruadh is doing this year for food.

Breakfast is on our own. As a family, we are doing eggs and sausage one day,
instant oatmeal another day, muffins another... If bringing breakfast, try
and bring something with lots of protein. It will fill you up better and it
isn't full of empty calories that will leave you quickly.

Lunch we are on our own as well. We plan on eating on site or eating on the
bread, kielbasa and cheese we are taking.

For dinner we are doing one pot meals. Each family is responsible for making
dinner one night for the group. We are sticking to one pot meals that will
fill up the heavy fighters we have. We do everything from chili to spaghetti
to beef stew. One night we are having an open grill. You can bring cook
stoves and grills. Or if you want to go simple, you can always just bring
precooked meats, bread and cheese. Dried fruits are always a hit too. For
more information on camp cooking, check out:
http://camping.about.com/od/campingrecipes/tp/campingrecipes.htm

Also:

As for amenities such as ice and wood, it depends on where you camp. We camp
at the End of the World. So, we hardly ever see wood that hasn't been picked
over or the ice cart or much of anything else. So, I would suggest you take
advantage of those things when you see them but be prepared in case you
don't catch the cart or the wood is picked over.

Is there anyone who is going to be early on? We will be there on Friday
morning. We are going to help with setup. I was wondering if there would be
many people out there early. If so, feel free to come by and say hi. It can
get lonely at World's End.  LOL

Cait