[Ansteorra] GW camping in cold/hot weather tips

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:41:06 PST 2010

If you have never been to Gulf Wars you need to know that you cannot just
hook up a shower to the local water supply. It does not have the pressure to
sustain a shower at the times you will need it because everyone else will
need one then, too.

Camp showers are required to have a reservoir of water for their use to
avoid such a drain on the system. The needs of dinner time alone will stress
the water pressure, you don't want to be in the shower and soapy when the
pressure drops or a line gets broken (which happens frequently).

The reservoir need not be complicated. Use a large rubbermaid tub you fill
from a garden hose, or a plastic barrel or a large ice chest. You can use a
battery operated pump to pump the water to the shower and through a propane
camp shower heater. Combine this with a sink and a large sump and you have
on demand luxury! Get it all at WalMart camping supplies or other camping
stores such as Academy.

Claire