[Ansteorra] Coffee in camp was Boil In Bags not Necessarily Safe

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:12:11 PST 2010

On the other hand, toilet paper makes very poor filters. Last time I
went camping with a bunch of friends I neglected to bring filters or a
press because neither my husband nor I drink coffee, so I didn't even
think about it. My friend attempted to create a filter from toilet
paper. The whole camp was then treated to an hour of watching her
struggle with soggy tissues and gritty coffee before she gave up and
took a car to town to get a real coffee ;)

Moral of the story - don't be afraid to give up and go to town if you
forget something. It will probably save you time over trying to go all
MacGyver in camp.

~Eve