[Ansteorra] Coffee in Camp

Lady Eithne eithnethehealer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:51:31 PST 2010

I also make coffee the old fashioned way in a camp blue speckled large pot
and make 3 every morning for the reasons stated by Lady Runa.
After a batch is finished, I empty it and wipe it out with paper towel and
refill.
I have been making this coffee for years, so I know the water has to go to
the level of the bottom of the last hole of the spout, and how high the
coffee goes in the basket. Also I put the water on to preheat, before I put
the basket in, so it does not take long to percolate. If you like strong
coffee
use dark, french or Italian roast. I like Luzianne Dark. The coffee is done
when the water percolates over the basket and has turned a lovely aromatic
dark color.

I am bringing a all metal French coffee Press for myself mainly. It is
quicker and more like the cappucino, expresso I like.

Lady Eithne