[Ansteorra] slat bed question

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Wed Feb 10 10:14:44 PST 2010

I designed our bed to use wedge shaped pegs to hold it together. Nice period
looking idea but in practice the bed was wobbly.

Instead we now use a long ratcheting tie-down that goes all the way around
the bed frame. Snug that up and it is all solid as a rock. It is covered by
blankets so the look is not really an issue but you could take that a step
further and use rope for all but the last few feet. Then only one side would
show something that is not perioid. It won't win an A&S but it is quicker
than all those pegs, stresses the wood less (i.e. no broken tabs/holes for
the pegs) and very solid.

Christian Doré