[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Feb 18 21:36:04 PST 2010

Why is there such an effort to pretend that a surcharge imposed by the corporation is not a surcharge imposed by the corporation?

It isn't a temporary membership, and doesn't function like one.  It isn't a members discount, and doesn't function like one.  It isn't a variable site fee, and doesn't function like one.

Yes, we'd like the SCA to be more welcoming of newcomers.  And yes, of course the SCA would be more welcoming if we didn't charge more for invitees, but we do, and political spin cannot make that look like anything else.

It's a surcharge.  It really is.  Let's commit ourselves to telling the truth.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin