[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 19 09:45:53 PST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, ld.blackmoon <ld.blackmoon at cox.net> wrote:
> most people will complain about the nubie tax, umm ... non member
> surcharge

Bryn Gwlad's 30th anniversary celebration was held a few months ago.
I believe that a lot of older / founding participants were invited and
showed up.  I wonder whether there were many who had gafiated [1] for
years, letting their membership lapse, and if so, how they felt about
having to pay NMS.

Anyway, I suspect that NMS is not always a "newbie tax", but I wish I
had numbers.

Danielis "FIAWOL" de Lindocolina

[1] GAFIA is an acronym originally from science fiction fandom, Get
Away From It All, meaning to leave fandom either permanently or for a
prolonged period.  Verb form "gafiate".

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com