[Ansteorra] tagging newcomers

Alexandra Shahan acshahan at att.net
Fri Feb 19 14:57:43 PST 2010

just a suggestion:

yes the idea is for it to be obvious. But not required. Don't want to wear one? Then don't but it's up to you to go get informed.

Personally - TAG ME! I don't know what to ask or where to start. Clue me in!.

Tag: A white sash - easy, no color, not complicated, no special shopping required. Some kind of emblem or symbol - cause hey, anything that sorta looks heraldic is cool. Again, black, a diamond? two diamonds? the ansteorrean star (though that is a bit more complicated to reproduce on a large scale - yeah, I know it's a mullet, but that was such another discussion).

Annnnd - another reason  - can use a permanent marker to write on it with what events you have attended:

for example - I'Ve been to War Lord - big event, a lot of everything
followed by 30 year - an event of events.

if mine started out with the local populace meeting or a demo or fighter practice or something small, then you know I"ve no idea what a big event is about.

If I've been to an event or two you know I"m not totally new, but still in need of a bit of clueing in.

for all the people that volunteer their time and effort making events happen, and making sure things like insignia and such are available - think easy, cheap and quick to make, but also easily recognizeable.

another $0.02

Alex NottClaire           seem to be stuck with it  ;)