[Ansteorra] Voluntary tagging

Tega Albert montega2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 05:49:33 PST 2010

Christian, I think it is a great idea. There have been several times I have
been told by someone that they were not made to feel welcomed. Mostly it was
because no one knew they were there. Personally, I have never met a
stranger, so if I see someone new I am willing to help!

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 4:01 AM, James Crouchet <james at crouchet.com> wrote:

> I have been thinking about the threads I have seen about tokens to mark
> newbies.
>
> I am picturing a small basket of tokens at gate, available to anyone who
> feels they would like a little guidance. Those working gate could point
> them
> out to those whom they do not recognize or who they know to be new. The
> choice of whether to take one would be entirely up to the individual.
>
> The real trick here is to be consistent in how they look. Do this in a
> group
> and soon the members of the group will know how to spot newcomers. Do it in
> the kingdom and soon the whole kingdom knows what to look for.
>
> Perhaps a piece of insignia, much like our awards. Is there already a badge
> for this? If not, perhaps we need one.
>
> If we can afford to make hundreds of cast medallions or pins as site tokens
> then we can afford to make a dozen newcomer pins or medallions as well.
> They
> could keep it and continue to wear it so long as they feel like a newcomer.
> Any tokens that are returned would even be re-usable.
>
> The hospitaler could have a few of these even at activities such as
> practice
> and meetings since we do have new people show up there as well.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Christian Doré

Montega Blackdragon
Hospitaler of Northkeep