[Ansteorra] "ugh" in late-period Italian

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 21 03:30:32 PST 2010

Whilst using _Queen Anna's New World of Words_ <http://www.pbm.com/
~lindahl/florio/> to confirm some cants in 16th-century Italian
armorials <http://coblaith.net/Heraldry/Armorials/
default.html#pontifs>, I ran across a list of "Interiections of
griefe, of calling, of intreating, of feare, of loathing, or of any
passion," that I thought might be of use to gentles with late-period
Italian personae who would like to insert a little persona-specific
vocabulary into their speech at events.  I transcribed it and now
offer you the opportunity to learn to say "boe peepe" or "welladay"
in a whole new language, at <http://coblaith.net/ItalInterj.html>.

Note:  I *didn't* transcribe the pronunciation guide in the book, but
it might be of use, too--though it unfortunately doesn't specify the
dialect reflected.

Coblaith Muimnech
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>
<http://coblaith.net>