[Ansteorra] Non-Member Surcharge

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:21:06 PST 2010

At 04:32 AM 2/20/2010, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Dragonetti <dragonetti at generich.com>wrote:
>

> > However, I perceive the value in a body that sets some
> > minimal level of standardized rules (or framework) of play
>

>Without the overarching hand of the corporation I think the kingdoms would
>sort this out themselves. I can picture a council of kingdoms where
>representatives hash out fighting and other rules as needed. It might even
>make our war negotiations less unpleasant.
>
>Christian Doré

I'm not so sure about that. If we're *already*
seeing major disagreements over war negotiations
(when we're using the same set of rules) how
would it be easier if the different kingdoms had
different fighting rules and conventions, maybe even different armor rules?

I can recall horror stories from the early days
of Pennsic where, IIRC, the Middle Kingdom didn't
require chinstraps for helms, and didn't allow
face-thrusts, but the East Kingdom (and most of
the visitors from other kingdoms) *did* allow
face-thrusts. This led to many unpleasant incidents.

         -Tivar Moondragon