[Ansteorra] High concern

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 22 22:55:19 PST 2010

On Feb 22, 2010, at 6:01 AM, ragseg at aol.com wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Forget the price increase to the NMS and membership fees, there is
> something far more troubling a foot.  Any of you who believe
> themselves to be connoisseurs of the Shoney's breakfast buffet in
> picayune on the way home from Gulf Wars will be sad to learn it is
> closed.  That's right, Closed.  Out of business, no more, shut!
>
> I am afraid to tell my to rather large son's this news for fear of
> their reaction.  I am also worried about what I am going to do to
> recreate the buffet induced coma for the long drive home from Gulf
> Wars.  I might have to make conversation with them after a week of
> camping with them.  The thought is almost to scary to think about!
>
> Adolf the Bear

Oh no!  Since Gulf Wars I, we've stopped there on every trip to Gulf
Wars for their Breakfast buffet on the way in. It has been a last,
filling non-camping meal before the days of GW.  Since it is about 11
hours from home, we have planned things to hit there first and then go
get in line for the rigors and waiting of GW check-in. Sigh.

One of my memories of that first Gulf Wars was pulling into the
Shoney's parking lot and seeing a mid-sized car with a tall-sided
trailer which looked like a porcupine with its bunch of pole arms and
spears sticking up and out in all directions. "I bet I know where
they're going!"

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com