[Ansteorra] Voluntary taggingMessage

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 24 13:43:55 PST 2010

> I wish we could stamp out the custom of color-coded belts for squires,
> apprentices, and proteges, because those are not ranks, it is not a period
> practice, and as we all know, it leads to restricted wardrobe choices for
> everyone else.  I'd much rather see the students identify themselves by
> wearing the badges or livery of their teacher.

> ::GUNNVOR::

I've heard the horror stories about people turning into lunatics over garb
not being perfect.  I haven't meet one, yet.  I'm sure if/when I do it will
be interesting because I don't back down.  It's about the dream... dream vs
real world.

Actually selecting specific colors for a 'class' of people is in a sense
discrimination.  Could be for or against the different color wearers,
banning or the decree of certain colors for certain people has been going on
throughout history.  Even school colors, gang colors, white for pure brides,
etc indicates we've been doing this for years and will continue because it
is human nature to 'mark' turf.

Personally I'm an apprentice.  I hate green.  I wear my green sash somewhere
on my body where it can be seen but seldom in the "preferred" manner I'm
sure.  I'm just really glad white isn't the apprentice color because mine
would be grey or dirt colored in about 30 seconds.  I would rather wear
something that indicated who I was apprenticed to as the green sash really
doesn't say anything other than it's green.

Runa's 2 pence

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
www.bedlambazaar.com
http://thethunderingherd.net