[Ansteorra] New OP Feature

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 10:52:37 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Genie Barrett <maggegene at gmail.com> wrote:

> I there a way to spell check the OP??
>
> Thanks
> Magge MacPherson

While one could theoretically run a spell check on the RTF file of the OP, it wouldn't be terribly practical. The OP is almost entirely made up of proper names and abbreviations, which a typical spell-check program will think are misspellings. So, it would be very tedious and time-consuming to spell check the RTF file - it would catch a lot of things that aren't really misspellings (for our purposes), and it would take forever to catch any actual misspellings, because there are so few "dictionary" words in the OP.

However, if you catch a "dictionary" word that's misspelled, feel free to email me at zodiacus at herald.ansteorra.org and I'll correct it.

Likewise for proper names and abbreviations: if you find a name that is misspelled or an abbreviation that is incorrect, just shoot me an email, and I'll fix it, usually the same day. This is particularly important for folks who have not registered their names, because there is no way for me to know that a spelling that has been provided to me on a court report is incorrect unless the individual contacts me. Registered names are easier, because I can just check them against the O&A (Ordinary & Armorial).

Regards,
Sara
Zodiacus