[Ansteorra] Dancing at 12th Night

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 4 18:34:23 PST 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Kazimierz Złowieszczy wrote:

> As one of those who came out to dance, thank you for giving us your
> time and
> especially your patience. Even though several of us had never danced
> "medievally" before, we had a great time. I hope that I will be able
> remember at least some of the steps until my next chance to dance at
> Gulf
> War.

Lol. That is the situation I was in when I first started dancing in
the SCA almost 20 years ago. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to
remember the dance steps from one winter season to the next, since
that was the only time we seemed to be dancing. So, when I was
baronial A&S minister I worked to get the Bryn Gwlad dance guild going
again.

I'm not sure where you are, but you might want to try the same thing,
find your local dance guild and if there isn't one, work on getting
one started. You may be able to encourage other more experienced local
dancers to come teach from time to time, or perhaps even be able to
get some folks from out of town to come teach in a session or two.

Stefan
(Who still has trouble remembering which steps go with which music,
until a walk-through or the dance starts)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com