[Ansteorra] Helm strapping

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:52:15 PST 2010

Alexis and Lochlann both have the right of it.  A thing I will add is that
helms can rock, and rock safely.  My salada does rock when hit, but never
touches my nose or the side of my head.  The only padding I have is up in
the crown area, where it's roughly two football shaped pieces of padding.
 The chin strap is a single, and instead of being above and below the ear,
lies on a line between my chin and the opening of the ear canal.  That
vector gives good resistants to inward (thrusts) and upward movements.

JP

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.