[Ansteorra] Apologies to Willow and Ansteorra

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Tue Jan 19 06:33:18 PST 2010

Good day,

I wish to speak for Alessandro.  First, what he did was wrong, and I will
not attempt to justify his actions.  But, I would ask that everyone give him
a second chance.

I have known Alessandro for some time now.  His is a good man and has
contributed a wealth of knowledge, education, and support to me, the Dallas
Early Music and Dance Guild, to the Barony of the Steppes, and to the
Kingdom of Ansteorra.  He only started playing in Ansteorra recently, and
due to his work situation has not been able to attend events.  Despite that,
he has worked very hard to find ways in which he can contribute to our game;
such as hosting several period music competitions, providing professional
feedback, and giving lectures about period musicology.

He is going through a tough time right now.  Again, I am not justifying his
actions.  I just know I have made some dumb@$$ mistakes in my time, and I
find that I make many more when life gets difficult.

Duchess Willow forgave Alessandro before she even knew who he was.  Please
let her serve again as inspiration and give this good man a second chance.

Also, I think some good might have come from this.  Humans generally are
much quicker to complain when there is a problem, then to complement when
things are well.  Her Grace has been going through a tough time.  This
incident has caused a lot of support for Her to be vocalized that might
otherwise have remained silent.  I hope that this has shown Her Grace just
how much love and support there is for her in this Kingdom has well as
others.

Lord William Meriic