[Ansteorra] Hot Dogs - I'm frightened to post this but...

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:00:47 PST 2010

Since when does "decent sausage" translate into "hot dog".

It took me two years after leaving Germany to be able to eat
American-style hot dogs again, and they will forever seem tasteless to
me.

Ioannes
who spent 5 years in Germany in total

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Michael Gunter
<countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like what we know of as hot dogs are period.
>
> Slippery slope, people...slippery slope.

> Doc wrote: There's a page full of "Gastronomic Prints", and about
> halfway down is
> one titled "La grigliata - The Grill" - I can't link directly to the
> image, but here's the page of prints.
>
> http://www.academiabarilla.com/academia/gastronomic-prints/browse-gastronomic-prints-collection.aspx?q=XVI
>

> Text:
>
> Hier wird um wenig geld ein gute Wurst, gebraten, womit dem Hunger
> wird doch nicht dem durst geraten, den einer leschen Kan nach
> hertzens wunsch dar auf an einem solchen Ort wo wein u bier zu kauff.
>

> Edouard, a native speaker, translates this as:
>
> Here, a decent saucage is roasted, with which hunger can be appeased but not thirst.

> Remember, if you do this, please make decent sausage and rolls.
>

> Yers,
>

> Gunthar

--Vita Aureliani