[Ansteorra] Dancing at Bryn Gwlad's Candlemas (February 6)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 20 22:06:32 PST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:02 AM, Tim McDaniel wrote:

> People really enjoyed it at Bryn Gwlad's last Candlemas when we danced
> during the feast: a remove, dancing, a remove, dancing, ...  We'll do
> it again!

> These are the planned dance sets.
>
> First remove: Savoury Tosted Cheese
>
> First dance set:
> Hole in the Wall
> Black Nag
> Picking of Sticks

A remove is part of a course which is removed and replaced with
another dish. And it's a post-period term. You AREN'T going to remove
my Savory Tosted Cheese before I'm finished are you!!!!?  If you are,
you better replace it with something awfully good!

What is the world coming to! Next thing you know, we'll have pirates,
scotsman and other barbarians at the door!

Of-Course-art     (10K)  6/22/06  "Of Course It's 'Course'! Remove
'Remove'!"
                                      by Dame Alys Katharine, O.L., O.P.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Of-Course-art.html

Stefan