[Ansteorra] Bonwicke Artisan thanks

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 31 17:37:03 PST 2010

Unto my Friends, the Gracious and Noble Populace of Ansteorra,

I wanted to thank those who braved the cold and hazardous roads to only subject themselves still further and bare their souls, skills and beautiful artwork at Bonwicke's Artisan this weekend. The entries were as ranged and varied as the entrants themselves, and all were a pleasure to behold.

Their Excellencies' newest Champion Artisan is Honorable Lady Serafina de Gratia - she is a credit to her barony and to all the Artisans of Ansteorra.

I would additionally like to thank, from the depths of my heart, Mistresses Alix, Xene, Stacia and Hanna who had the unenviable task of joining me in judging the over-a-dozen entries, offering commentary, pouring over documentation and sacrificing their afternoon in general for Art's sake. Ladies, yours was a Herculean task, and I am honored to be numbered among you.

Naturally, a debt of gratitude goes to Their Excellencies of Bonwicke for hosting this opportunity for artists to display their lovely works. And I would be remiss if I did not thank His Majesty Owen and his seemingly tireless retinue for defying the safety of both life and limb to travel here and genuinely grace us with their spirit. Each of you is a kind, courteous, affable and inspiring soul. You are all precious to me.

For any and all who faced the ice headlong, sat gate, set up or took down banners, cooked, served, organized, fought, laughed, received an award, encouraged an artist, raised a glass in toast or simply came and reveled in the warmth and camaraderie, thank you. You are the stuff which drives away the cold winter frost.

I remain yours,
Mistress Oriana