[Ansteorra] Lookin for some hot tart from Brad Leah...

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Jul 3 09:36:15 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Ron Hardy <rhemail at swbell.net> wrote:
> This is a game of gentlemen and ladies we play. Such courseness in a
> public forum is impolite and rude please refrane in the
> future. Ansteorrian women deserve better than your offerings on this
> list.

Really, now, who doesn't like tarts?  I do.  Especially when they're
filled with goodly baking-apples, some cinnamon and nutmeg on top, a
nice flaky crust and crumbs on top, and maybe a dollop of cream
freshly whipped.  (Any other meaning as a noun is late Victorian or
later (and "orig. endearingly"), so screamingly out of period.)

So I will suppose that he believes the lady to be filled with
sweetness and goodness.

C.f. the Monty Python skit that includes

    JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
        Yes, thank you. Right, Your Majesty is like a stream of bat's
        piss.
    (gasps)
    THE PRINCE OF WALES:
        What?
    JAMES McNEILL WHISTLER:
        It was one of Wilde's.
    OSCAR WILDE:
        It sodding was not! It was Shaw!
    THE PRINCE OF WALES:
        Well, Mr. Shaw?
    GEORGE BERNARD SHAW:
        I, um, I, ah, I merely meant, Your Majesty, that, ah, you
        shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

Daniel Lindonium
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com