[Ansteorra] New Ansteorran General

Zach Most clermont1348 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 21:58:34 PDT 2010

I'd like to thank Jean Paul and Gilyan for this honor, and take this opportunity to emphasize their wishes and mine for success on the battlefield at Gulf War.  The prowess of our army and our allies this spring was awe inspiring.  We showed ferocity in the field battle, precision on the bridge, and great endurance in the ravine.  The town battle was a bloody mosh pit of joy.  Despite our successes, I see much room for improvement in the castle battle, and would dearly love to win that scenario.  To that end, we need the support of our archers and siege engineers who are key to that battle.  Please help them train, prepare equipment and encourage them to come fight with us.  Our enemies habitually bring more siege ramps than we do, but this is something we can change.  Is a single siege ramp and a few souls brave enough to climb it too much to ask of one of our great baronies?  I don't think so.

I'd like to announce Centurion John of Severn as my Lt. General in command of our campaigns past the northern border of the kingdom.  He has shown his mettle on the field many times, and those of great prowess know him well.  He will lead our forces at Pennsic, which will spread the renown of the Ansteorran host and help us secure allies for battles closer to home.

Train hard.  Check your gear.  Be ready for war, my friends.
  Sir Gaston de Clermont

We apologize for the long delay, as this missive has sat in our draft folder
for a while.

At Steppes Warlord, we did also name our new General of the Armies of
Ansteorra.

Sir Gaston de Clermont will guide and lead us at war.  We thank him in
advance for the huge service he will be providing.

Jean Paul and Gilyan

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.