[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney - new fighter's POV

pancua pancua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 07:13:46 PDT 2010

Greetings!

I am a new light fighter in Bryn Gwlad and perhaps I am speaking out of turn
since this is more about heavy but I, for one would be greatly disappointed
to see fighting turned into an indoor event. Why? I could site history and
traditions, valor and glory but that's not it. Well, that's not JUST it.
It's also cause of the challenge. The challenge to myself. The challenge
within my own mind. The challenge to push past my own boundaries, to train
harder, to become better, to become faster. To take better care of myself,
to know my own body, my own limitations and how to recognize the signs.

All of us, fighters and non, understand the affects of heat and what it does
to the human body. Our chirugeons have gone to great lengths to educate the
populace. There are those of us, fighters and non, who listen and take the
necessary precautions. There are those of us, fighters and non, who will
still feel the affects in various degrees. It's a simple fact of life.

Does this mean we should change our way of fighting? In my opinion, no. To
do so robs me of my fun. Robs me of my ability to challenge myself. Robs me
of my sense of accomplishment.

That, for me, is a far greater offense then anything the sun could put upon
me.

--
In humble service to The Barony of  Bryn Gwlad,

Lady Magdelena "Dena" Cortez
MKA Katy Hendrick
Cell: 512-585-4172