[Ansteorra] Happy Medium Option-Was Story from Crown Tourney

Regan Caimbeul regan.caimbeul at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:20:31 PDT 2010

Greeting unto the list,

I would like to propose a possible happy medium option for having
tournaments outside.

Some people have brought up concerns about fighting indoors because the
floor has no give, and one could easily roll ankles or jam knees.  What
about finding a place (fairground, equestrian center) that has an indoor
arena with a dirt floor, like Myers Park and Event Center in McKinney?  (I
may be a little biased on this location, because it's less than 30 minutes
from my home.  :-) )  The floor is dirt and soft, so that if one took a fall
it doesn't hurt as badly as falling on concrete, or hard ground.

Here is their link if anyone would like to check it out:
http://www.co.collin.tx.us/parks/myers/indoor_arena.jsp

I know that a couple groups have had events in other parts of the
facility-Elfsea had (I think) Spring Faire in the "Back Forty" a few years
ago and Steppes had a demo there for a homeschooling group.

Depending on what the surface under the dirt is made of, it might even be
possible to put up pavilions inside.  I'm pretty sure that they have good
ventilation or A/C.  With the right decorations and accents, it has the
potential of giving the atmosphere of a grand tourney set up with an outdoor
feel, while being inside.

This is just an option to put out there as food for thought.  Talk amongst
yourselves.  :-)

Good evening to you all.

Regan Caimbeul

--
If everything happened when and how we wanted, then nothing would be worth
waiting for...