[Ansteorra] Indoor Fighting

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 13 13:14:19 PDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this case, Robin of Gilwell
> <http://herald.ansteorra.org/OP/op-names.php?search=Robin%20of%20Gilwell&id=3982>,
> there are a veritable plethora of correct things to call him.  His
> Excellency, Master Robin, Don Robin, Centurion Robin. . . Sir Robin
> is not on the list.

Sir Robin ran away.

> I wouldn't go to Steppes Warlord if the fighting were in that hall
> ... the flooring ahistorically tile (and hence pose a risk to my
> ankles),

If you mean the hall at the Canton First Monday Trade Days site, isn't
it actually concrete?  (I wasn't able to go this year.)  I don't
believe that concrete helps your ankles in the slightest.  But tile
can actually be medieval.  The formula for concrete was lost after the
Roman empire and not reinvented until the 1500s-1700s, depending on
which story in Wikipedia happens to be true.

Denyel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com