[Ansteorra] I have a question

Elisava Illiesca thebloodymistress at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 22:06:51 PDT 2010

I originally joined the SCA because my room mate and husband wanted to do
it. I had some odd (notice I didn't say bad) experiences with the SCA when I
was in college, and wasn't sure I wanted to deal with that again. A good
friend of mine promptly found the name of my barony's hospitaler after I'd
mentioned the boys interest in the SCA and I was going to "check it out" and
we did.
It took some time, I had a couple more odd moments, but eventually I found
something I'd been missing for a long time.
My Barony is my family. They accept me for my short comings, and love me
because of them. they know I am human, they forgive me when I screw up. My
Laurel is my best friend, my sister, my teacher. Her husband is one of those
people who I can not only talk to when I'm having a crappy day but then have
him say something that makes it better, and he shares my sort of odd sense
of humor. he has become the best friend of my husband and has taught Spike
so much I can't even begin to list it.
I would be lost without these people now, they are such a large part of my
life. If they weren't in my life, I would have to say my life would be
hollow and incomplete.
As campy as it might be there is a line from Lilo and Stitch that pretty
much sums it all up for me when it comes to the SCA..
"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but
still good. Yeah, still good. "
-Elisava Illiesca