[Ansteorra] "I have a question" Observation

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 11:40:06 PDT 2010

As I was looking to the replies to this question, I was struck by three things.  Many of the people came to the SCA because a someone mentioned the SCA or a friend drug them to an activity.  Others joined because of interests that coincided with SCA interests.  Most stayed because of the comaraderie (or family) feel.

I have heard many groups wondering how to attract new members.  In fact, at King's College this year, one of the classes was How to Grow the SCA.  Well, hear we have it!

Talk to people about the SCA that you think might be interested and showcase all of our activities:  dancing, fighting, brewing, fiber arts, metal working, and the list goes on.
You never know what a chance comment might start, and once someone comes, keep them by helping them find people with similar interests.  Hopefully, through those interests, they will find people that will be a "family."

Penelope Miriam Darling