[Ansteorra] the horse is dead, long live the horse

donpieter at aol.com donpieter at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 13:30:55 PDT 2010

With all due respect your Grace, this issue has been hashed out on this list for many weeks now and I do not see enough "support" for the cause of moving Ansteorran tourneys indoors. In almost every case it is the fighters themselves that do not wish to move indoors. Telling fighters that they have to move indoors for their own health is like telling them that you know what is best for them and they do not so they have to listen to you. The argument doesn't work. Fighting inside can be harder on the body then outside on the grass. The heat can be overcome with the right prep. Fighting on indoor floors like concrete and hardwood can be very hard on the body. When people say well for the health of the fighters we should not allow the indoor fighting to be done on concrete will you then say that we must fight on gym mats for our own safety? I would hope not. When something is truly broken fix it. This is only a scratch that can be fixed on the surface without taking the whole thing apart.

Don Pieter Rausch
Bjornsborg