[Ansteorra] Why Crown Tourney has been moved to the heat.

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:24:53 PDT 2010

At 02:30 AM 7/22/2010, you wrote:

>Master Fossil
>Haven't a lot of Queen Champions been moved indoors since Crown has
>moved later in the Summer?

No, as I said in my previous note, Queen's Champion has only been
fought indoors in the summer one time--HRM Octavia's, back in AS 34 (1999.)

>I am not really worried about the fighters.
>I am more worried about all the people that told me that they had to
>miss all the fighting because they had to sit in the Hall. We are
>getting older and we are recruiting older people and I am worried
>because heat can cause heart attacks.
>I am looking at an older work force and I think it is an health
>issue for them. How many of the Marshals, Heralds, and list workers
>were in their 40s or over? It might not be a problem now, how about
>five years from now? It seems to me that we have less summer events.
>It seems that more people are having heat problems.
>  I  believe that we are less prepared for the heat.. I know that
> john  and I lived in an Apt in Norman that didn't have Air. We
> didn't think much of the heat because we were out in it all the time.

And I think that's a major part of the problem. With air-conditioned
houses, air-conditioned cars, air-conditioned workplaces, fighter
practice in the evenings--or even indoors in the air conditioning, in
some places--people just aren't as adapted to the heat.

         -Tivar Moondragon