[Ansteorra] The perfect Safe SCA.

Charlie Cain larkinokane at suddenlink.net
Thu Jul 22 11:46:18 PDT 2010

Move over World of Warcraft..... here comes the SCA!!

---- Michael Gunter <dookgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============

> Statistics:
> Ansteorrans dying from fighting in any conditions: zero.
> Ansteorrans dying from driving to events: several.
>
> If we are actually motivated by safety concerns, *all* talk should be on this subject. There is simply no comparison.
>
> Watching people fight in the heat is not seriously dangerous in comparison. It's uncomfortable, but nobody has died watching the event, and people have died driving to it.

I fully agree. And with technology as it has progressed the logical

answer is to create an SCA MMORPG. We can all sit at home in

front of our computers and have an SCA event in full FPS mode.

You can custom design your character from a set of models and

get the garb from garb dealers. As you fight you can level up with

special unlockables. Heavy fighters can even get bruise customization.

Knights, of course get more hit points.

The Quest to recieve the Centurion unlockable involves attending

many wars and talking with various amusing characters in order to

eventually uncover the Sacred Keg. Turn in the keg to the King Questgiver

in order to recieve the Red Cloak costume enhancement, additional

"Bro" points and specialized mug.

The rapier tree involves learning rapier, special garb unlocks, modifed

bowing emotes and the Red and White Scarf unlocks. See the Queen

Questgiver to gain points in the Rapier talent tree.

Artisans can create items using a point and click interface. Find the

Laurel Questgiver for skill-ups and then create items at the suitable

item creation tables located around the area. These are usually in small

huts situated away from where everything else is going on.

You can receive the Pelican achievement by either writing code to

improve the game, hosting special quests or by doing innumerable

mindless quests (example: collect 100 cigarette butts from around

the list fields or wash 1000 dirty pots).

Bards can work to achieve the vaunted "Green Cloak" costume enhancement

by creating music on the built in "Lute Hero" addon, writing and performing

poetry in the Public Square forum and having it voted on by anyone in the

room or by creating new encounter areas based on their "History and Lore"

development skills. Those holding the "Lute Hero" master achievement can

then have the opportunity to provide in-game background music.

Um....I think I need more coffee....

Gunthar

Don't shoot me, I'm just the idea guy.