[Ansteorra] Participants in Crown Tournament

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 8 09:28:08 PDT 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Chelsea Durham <baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur wrote:
>> with a stement like " Make sure to find out who Hanse is greasing
>> to take a dive....  "
>> you must be from out of kingdom, as I'm certain that no one vying
>> for the honor of becoming ansteorra's next king would even consider
>> the thought of staining the image of crown tourney ( or themselves
>> ) by " throwing " a fight and " taking a dive " !!!!
>
> I do believe that Hanse would be greasing someone without their
> knowledge.

Knowing Hanse, probably involving real grease ... from a diseased goat
... who got his diseases from Hanse.

Alternately: a slang meaning is "to kill".
<http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/grease>
Beware if Hanse shows up with a pinstripe tunic and a viol case.
"Sorry, Earl Marshal, I was just carrying this crossbow around and
I tripped and I didn't know it was loaded.  Oh, it's a Chinese
repeating crossbow?  Huh."

Danyll Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com