[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Jul 12 01:00:29 PDT 2010

Dear People
Crown Tourney  isn't just about who will be King it is about proving  the best fighting skill and technique. It is also about duplicating fighting styles of the Middle Ages. It is as much of an Art form as weaving or bard craft. We are always asking did you use period methods or tools or materials. Well the fighter of the Middle Ages didn't fight indoors.
Heat was an issue in the Crusades or the Battle of Stanford Bridge. We cannot claim to be studying the fighting styles of the Middle Ages if we move indoors.
I am not sure about Rapier fighting because didn't they do things like hunts in France inside the great palaces? Did they ever do rapier fighting inside.
willow