[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Jul 12 14:08:14 PDT 2010

I keep looking for the thermostat. It must be on one of the trees. If I find
it, I'll lower the temperature outside. But I might just disconnect it and
carry it around with me.  :-)

<snip, snip>

I mean, there are historical arguments for and against, there are health
arguments for and against, there are moral arguments for and against, and
all it comes down the fact that alot of us want indoor fighting during the
worst heat, and alot of us don't want that.

Are the fighters going to insist that we keep doing this exactly as we have
been, and to hell with the rest of us? Or is it possible that the
resourceful minds of our gloriously brilliant Kingdom can come up with a
happy medium?

This discussion makes it seem as though it would be disloyal to our warriors
to even try to make everyone happy, or to even put forward a solution. And
that's sad.

-Rose the Obnoxious
who hopes to actually get to see next year's Crown