[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:36:22 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Rose <rose_welch at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But fighters who want to fight outside in the worst heat, no matter what, are asking the *entire populace* to condition themselves, to stay out in the worst heat, and to listen to their bodies. You are asking this of everyone from toddlers to the elderly. Quite of few of us are replying:
>
> We don't want to.

And the fighters, who are being asked to fight indoors?  Quite a few
of us are replying:

We don't want to.

If  you (generic) live in Texas and you deliberately DO NOT condition
yourself to the weather, you (generic) are foolish and irresponsible.
I was in Houston during Ike and the people who were used to being in
the heat fared much better than those who did not.  Those who were
able to live in the heat and humidity came through with their spirits
intact, with a much better head-space.

No, Crown Tournament isn't as sweeping as a hurricane, but sticking
your (generic) head in the sand and stomping your (generic) foot and
saying "I don't wanna!" is just ignoring history and the events that
happen just about every summer here in Ansteorra.

Helene

--
I've asked forgiveness from the Lord, now take my soul, and bring my sword.