[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:11:40 PDT 2010

When I said linen and Roman are good they were just one example of
many possible fabrics and manners of dress that will work for our
climate. Lightweight wool can also be okay. Cotton will do in a pinch.
While Roman is loose and easy to wear Indian costumes, lower class
garments of the later periods and most early period outfits are also
appropriate. Basically you just want to avoid things that don't
breathe well like metal boned corsets or polyester brocades. Also try
to cover up to avoid sunburn. Those "boob on a platter" wench bodices
are about the worst thing you can pick as that is somewhere you REALLY
don't want to burn. I'm not sure if there's an equally awful choice
that men can make.

~Eve