[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:56:57 PDT 2010

At 04:19 PM 7/12/2010, you wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Rose <rose_welch at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>The proponents for outdoor fighting makes it sound as though indoor
>>fighting is the worst possible scenario. Well, I've been to plenty
>>of indoor fighting events, and seen even more indoor fighter
>>practices. Do we have any statistics to back up the claim of
>>increased injuries? If so, how to they compare to injuries by heat?
>>Facts are good.
>
>I remember at least one Middle Kingdom tourney in a high-school gym,
>but they do fight outside in good weather.  If you want to research
>it, I would wildly guess that the Middle or kingdoms with similar
>climates could provide good data.

Some of the northern kingdoms routinely hold fighting events indoors.
But that's in the winter, when there's too much snow on the ground to
fight. There *have* been a few indoor fighting events in Ansteorra.
IIRC, Octavia's Queen's was held indoors due to the heat, and there
have been three or four Queen's Champions that were held indoors in
the wintertime.

But given a choice in the matter, I'd rather be outside on the grass
and under the sun, rather than indoors on concrete or linoleum under
flourescent lights.

         -Tivar Moondragon