[Ansteorra] Indoor Fighting

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 13 13:57:21 PDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Michelle <ivarra20 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well at Bordermarch during the rain my mother, 3 year old and 7 year
> old sons where chased out from beneath a pavallion at the edge of
> figtning field inti the rain, which is why I would love to see
> something obviously open to all.

Ye gods and little fishes!

At Bryn Gwlad events, there tend to be a few SCA-branch pavilions
around the field, like BG's, Bjornsborg's, et cetera, and I've always
*assumed* that they were for general use.  Having one or two
thronelike chairs in the dead middle and with laurel wreaths on them
is a pretty clear indication.  A banner outside with a laurel wreath,
or the design painted on the tent itself, is another.  Asking is the
best indication, of course.  Please don't be shy.

Perhaps groups should consider the pros and cons of having a
chatelaine's tent.

It occurs to me that I have sometimes been too free with wandering
into people's pavillions by the list field.  I apologize to anyone
whom I have intruded on.

Danihel Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com