[Ansteorra] my understanding of the recent discussion

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 19:40:41 PDT 2010

No, that's incorrect. I believe that we should create a standard for making accommodations for the most extreme heat, as we do for other extreme weather.

That accommodation can come in many forms, be it indoor fighting, night time outdoor fighting, covered outdoor fighting, moving our toughest fighting event from the hottest month, and others that I haven't heard. Some brainstorming has started, which is pretty great.

All of those solutions present challenges, just as our current traditions present challenges, and wouldn't be implemented unless enough people agree.

You are correct in saying that I would be happy to autocrat the next summer Crown, provided that I get some say in the choice of the site. I was recently told that the choice of site and other details are not up the autocrat for Crown Tournament, so autocratting might not help. Nevertheless, I intend to try anyway. :)

-Rose the Obnoxious
who believes in truth in advertising

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy marshmallows, which is kind of the same thing.