[Ansteorra] I have a question

Michelle Lopez ivarra20 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 06:42:03 PDT 2010

As a teen I had seen the heavy fighters on the mound at the TRF.  I was hooked
then, as I spent my childhood galloping around with a stick in my hand on my
little shetland pony being a valiant knight.  I started to learn to fight with a
heavy fighter in carpet armor, but life interfered and I never went but to a
couple of FPs to watch.  A couple of years later after finding myself divorced
with 3 kids and the ability to do what I want again I joined back up with the
SCA.   I finally made my first event last year, and loved it.  I took my eldest
and we did what makes us the most happy, rode around in funny clothes on our
horses and had a blast.  My daughter wants to do everything the SCA has to
offer, and so does my youngest son.  MY middle boy has decided he is an archer
and is happily learning the skill.  Not only have we met some of the greatest
people in my life, but for the whole the attitudes are ones fairly lost to
modern society.  My daughter said it best, "Mom boys at school push me off
playgrounds to go first, but here the boys make sure I go first. It's so weird
but I like it."

Irial

Oh and before I forget I also met my soul mate in the SCA.  I have it to thank
for bringing me to him, how cool is that!