[Ansteorra] Why Crown Tourney has been moved to the heat.

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Jul 21 12:49:58 PDT 2010

Everyone This is Willow
I Believe in tradition, but please remember us old dinosaurs fought in the heat but Crown tourney was in May and most often on Mother's day and you young people still fight tourneys in May. Steppes Warlord was the end of the fighting season except for the very hardy.
Today our Crowns are fought in July. I don't care where you are at in Ansteorra July is hot.  It is a matter of health. Crown is an all out Tournament and is very intense and I think it is unsafe to fight that in Ansteorra Summer.  Tradition is great but it is "tradition" that the leaders of Ansteorra put the health and safely of our people first.
 I think we should present the next crown prince and princess with letters asking for the safely of the fighters and all the people who run the list that the next Summer Crown List be indoors. The reason we need to write and to speak out in public is to create public support. The Crown Prince and Princess will be going against "tradition" and without a mandate from the people it might be hard on them to do so.
I would also suggest that the New Crown create a Decorating team who job would be to create and gather things to use at summer Crown to create a period and special look. We are inventive we can make inside look like magic. This team and decorating the hall will show everyone that we still support making our events look right and have atmosphere.
Did you know what we do at Crown tourney has a lot to do at all our event. This was evidence when Crown Tourneys went to one day most event went to one day. When Duke Jonathan  pushed the Crown back to two days the events went back to two days and now we are back to one day most of our events are one day. There does seem to be a relationship.
Yours
Duchess Willow de Wisp
"I know Tradition."