[Ansteorra] SCA driving (was: Why Crown Tourney has been moved to the heat.)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:49:37 PDT 2010

At 11:53 AM 7/22/2010, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > There is no question that we have one activity that is far more
> dangerous than everything else we do combined.  That activity isn't
> fighting in the heat.  It isn't fighting on concrete
> floors.  Nobody has ever died doing that in the SCA.
> >
> > The number one dangerous activity is driving to
> events.  Standing, or fighting, in the heat is simply trivial by comparison.
>
>Truer words were never spoken. Something to think about as we're only
>a few weeks away from the looong drive to Pennsic. I know I'll be
>making the drive in 3 days and arriving in the daylight. How will you
>be making your Pennsic drive safer?
>
>~Eve

Not that we're going to Pennsic this year, but for *any* long drive,
you need a backup driver and/or good music or talk radio, to help
keep you awake. (Recalling one trip to Gulf War, when I spent most of
the night listening to some guy talking about his time travel machine
on "Coast To Coast AM.")

         -Tivar Moondragon