[Ansteorra] Request for Help - Blood Donations Needed

Catalina Ana de Salamanca catalina at ravenkeep.org
Thu Jun 3 11:16:26 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Richard Threlkeld <
rjt at softwareinnovation.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have been told they will not take my blood. I was always
> kept current on the worldwide shot list because my National Guard unit was
> on quick deploy anywhere in the world. Plus I have had all the Hepatitis
> and
> other biggies from being an EMT. They said the markers for some of those
> diseases were in my blood and they would screen me out because of them.
> Most
> recently, I tried at Pennsic a few years ago.
>
> In service,
> Caelin on Andrede

May I recommend trying to only donate plasma? I spent most of the 1980's in
Germany and I eat meat. This takes me off the red blood donation list
because prion  disease (transmissible spongiform encephalopathy) was found
in all those British cows. However, the local plasma folks are always happy
to see me.
It may not work, and it may not even count towards this particular case, but
it's worth a try.
~Catalina