[Ansteorra] Request for Help - Blood Donations Needed

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 22:40:04 PDT 2010

For those who don't know; giving whole blood takes about a half hour after you fill out the paper work & can only be donated every 2 months or so.

Plasma takes a bit longer to give but you recover from it faster.

Plateletts usually take between 2 - 3 hours, but you body replaces it in about 3 days. So you can donate more often. When you give plateletts, whole blood is taken out, filtered thru a machine & then the red blood is returned to you. You can give up to 3 units at one time (one reason it takes so long) & you should not feel as week after as compared to giving whole blood. That is 3 people whose lives you can help save.

I know more about the plateletts as that is what I give. I just recline in the chair & watch a movie while they take my blood.

Whichever way you can donate, Thank you. Don't forget to get your t-shirt, cookies and juice when you finish.

Gabriele

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)