[Ansteorra] Kings College Teachers

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 18:56:07 PDT 2010

Greetings to those who will be teaching a class at the upcoming Kings College,

I am THLord Stefan li Rous and I am the creator and maintainer of an SCA/medieval themed website called "Stefan's Florilegium".  If you've not visited there before, the URL is given in my sig. line below.  Currently it consists of about 2300 different files on a wide variety of medieval and SCA subjects and has a readership from across the Known World.

I am always looking for additional articles and information to add to the site on pretty much any aspect of the SCA or the Middle Ages.

Will you have a handout for the class you will be teaching?  Many handouts, provided they are not just outlines, make excellent additions to the Florilegium. Not everyone can attend this Kings College and especially not many people elsewhere in the Known World.

My standard policy is that the copyright remains with the author. I just want to get good, useful information out where folks can make use of it. Are you teaching an obscure art?  Well, this is a good way for others to learn about it.  Want to help give back to the Known World for what the SCA has given you? Teaching, Writing articles and handouts are ways to do this.

Think your handout is pretty crude or you don't want to send it in until it's perfect?  You can always update any submission at any time. If you submit a handout now, you can always replace it with a more polished article later. People can still learn from an imperfect handout, if it is available.  It is impossible to learn from something if it isn't available.

The easiest way to get me your handout is in an electronic form such as in Word or RTF format. I can handle photographs and diagrams. You can send it to my email address below. I will also be at Kings College and can discuss any questions you might have there. I would also appreciate getting paper copies of any handouts there, but I tend to use them just to clear up questions on the electronic version.

I will also be teaching a class on "the Florilegium, what it is and is not" at noon. So grab some food when lunch opens at 11:30 and come find out more about the Florilegium and how to use it.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com