[Ansteorra] drumming at King's College

Brandon Garner garnerbk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 13:29:40 PDT 2010

Greetings unto the list.

I am offering an introduction to drumming class at King's College, as well as two other classes: advanced techniques, and, in conjunction with Mistress Rhiannon verch Bryan, a Drumming for Dancers class.

The advanced techniques will focus on fills and thrills, improv, and when enough is enough. I will also cover drummer/dancer etiquette, drum circle etiquette, and how to know if you're in a drum circle or if you're drumming for dancers. I consider this class a forum/discussion and hands on class, so please bring your own techniques to class and be prepared to share.

The drumming for dancers class will focus on visual ques from dancers, determing who is "in charge" of the drumming, and how to communicate with the dancers and other drummers. Please, if you dance, come to this class so we can practice.

Unfortunately, all of my loaner drums are loaned out right, so you will need to bring your own.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me off-list at garnerbk at yahoo.com.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

- Lord Øringr Ketilsson