[Ansteorra] Pennsic Plans

Crown of Ansteorra crown at ansteorra.org
Mon Jun 28 08:48:44 PDT 2010

I know everyone is very busy and working on their own projects for
Pennsic, but as we mentioned in our Blackstar letter we are looking
for some volunteers to help with some jobs at Pennsic this year.

We would like to have an Ansteorran Waterbearer. Someone to make sure
water, gatorade, and refreshing victuals gets to the field for our
fighters. We will have the kingdom pavilion set up next to the field
and would gladly offer a corner of the pavilion to setup a typical
Ansteorran waterbearing station. It is our hope that the populace of
Ansteorra see the pavilion as a place to gather before, during, and
after the battles or tournaments. If you are interested in
coordinating this and making sure our fighters and populace stay
hydrated and healthy at the field, please contact us.

As many know, Her Majesty has a great fondness for banners and
decorations. As such, we would like to ask for someone to volunteer to
decorate the Ansteorran camp. This would include asking people to
bring banners to the war, and then making sure they are displayed
properly at the war, and get back to their owners after the war. We
have many banners and wall hangings that we will gladly offer to start
the project, but we also know that we won't have the time to put them
up ourselves.

The traditional Ansteorran activities will also need many, many
helpers. The Rapier Tournament and Chili Night (both on Wednesday -
eek!) will be a lot of work, but if we can spread it amongst many
people the burden will not be too great. If you have any questions
about either of these activities, or would like to volunteer for a
specific duty, please let us know. Also, if anyone happens to have a
soft-serve ice cream machine (that works!) gathering dust in their
garage, we'd like to know.  :)  There are nefarious plans afoot....
hehehehe  :)

As always, Seraphina will also need lots of help keeping everyone fed
and happy at Pennsic. She will have a sign up sheet in the kitchen for
cooks, dishwashers, and sanitation crew. Any time you have to help
will keep her happy and feeding everyone for many wars to come.

We are greatly looking forward to Pennsic and know it will be
legendary! The stories will be told for years to come. Is anyone else
excited?!

Queen Gilyan &
King Jean Paul

--
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney